Wednesday, June 26, 2024

and they're b-a-a-a-ck...


Remember that the Georgia Power tree trimmers had been told to skip my house?
 
"Of course I do, it was just a few days ago." 

I contacted the folks in charge yesterday after breakfast, just sending a query through the email along with a couple of pictures. Then I put the topic aside, not expecting anything for a couple of weeks, or so I thought.

"You already heard from them today?"

No, dearie... I heard from them yesterday!!! Not by email, either, but with a real, live, human knocking at my door! They had sent Chris Meza, the supervisor of the work crew, to talk with me in person!!!

"Holy cow, that was quick!!!"

Hold on, then, because it moved right along from there. Within an hour of his visit, someone was at my front door again. This time, it was the crew foreman, Juan, to let me know my house was now on his list, but they wouldn't be able to get to it right then. I assured him that whenever it was on their schedule would be just fine.

"So, they're out there right now?!?!"


No, g'friend... they've done the job and just left!!!

"That's incredible!!!"

That's what I said! By the time the noise woke me up, they were almost done with clearing trees and brush off that popsicle fence. I threw on some clothes and went out to congratulate them on their good work! And guess what else they did for me?
 
"Took that other tree off the front of your shed?"
 
Yes! Not only that, but the brush and half-tree I left behind! I told Chris Meza yesterday that I had not planted any of those trees and they were a real nuisance. He said he'd make sure they were removed and that a spray was used to dissuade their return. And that's exactly what the crew did for me!!! I am so impressed with their work! I'll make sure I contact Georgia Power again and let them know how pleased I am. After all, the right to complain carries with it a responsibility to praise. 

"So true! Wow, I can't believe they got it all done so early!"


I'm sure they were wanting to beat the heat as much as possible. I'm sure the heat index will be at least 100 F this afternoon. That's why I'm having breakfast with my new groove, then heading off to the laundry. I'm wearing my last pair of undies that I like!

"I am sure you are. You've been talking about laundry for a week. And is that rain I see for the next few days? That wasn't in the forecast from Monday."

It most certainly was not. I guess sometimes those folks at WSAV get a few notes wrong in their weather song.
(smile!)

No comments: