Tuesday, June 11, 2024

any kin to rocket?

As I came out of Home Again, the consignment store where I'm selling off household items and some art, there the little creature was.

I know it was as startled to see me as I was to see it!

After all, it wasn't even noon yet!

What was that baby raccoon doing in that shopping center?

How did it get there?

I knew I had to do something to help it, but what?

So I asked two guys coming out of Planet Fitness to please look up the number for Animal Control with their smart phones and get some aid for the tiny beast.

That was going to take an hour, they were told.

Meanwhile, the manager of the shopping center was about to leave for lunch when he saw the crowd gathering with their phones out, taking photos.

He procured a very large box and a rake, as well as protective gloves, and was able to coax the confused animal into the container... and fold over the flaps to keep the angry baby safely inside, until the box could be maneuvered over to the wooded strip past the Savannah Children's Theatre.

Close call for the little raccoon!

I wonder if it might be an ancestor of Rocket?

(smile!)

No comments: