Saturday, June 29, 2024

3's, 3's, and more 3's


"What's that title all about, g'friend?"

My odometer! Just look at it! When I returned from the Purple Planet to my driveway, it had that special gift for me!

"If you say so."

Look, the mileage reads: 2 3 5 3 8 3. 

"Okay, I see that. I just don't grasp the significance you're putting on that. It isn't as if it's a straight or some important marker, like 235,000."

It's just fun with a sequence of numbers! There's 23, followed by 53, with 83 ending the series. And each two-digit value is composed by adding 30 to obtain the next value. That's a pretty fun trick!

"Sure, okay, if that's all it takes to float your boat..."

... yeah, yeah, yeah. That's essentially what Paul said. I told him it tickled me because I am easily entertained... and he agreed that I must be.

"Hey, that's funny! And is that the Paul of Paul & Cathy in Cali?"

The very same! Cathy was out painting pottery with her/their nieces, an activity he had chosen to avoid. So, home alone with her folks in Redwood City, he decided to phone a friend! Nice of him to tag up! I've been sending him ESP for at least two weeks.

"Oh, I know you have. What did he say about that?"

Shoot, you know I knew better than to mention my telepath abilities to him! That really would have made him chuckle at me.

"Yes, it would have! So, y'all have a nice hour chat?"

Heck no. We talked for almost two hours!!! About his job, about various plays (Prisontown and Empanada Loca, in particular), about various movies (like the one with surfing penguins and chickens), about family (his and mine, including the S&K Friday Fiestas, like the one last night), about house repairs (his and his mom's chimneys), and all else. It really was quite a nice catch-up, with both of us nearly exhausting our phone batteries!

"Very good! I'm so glad y'all were able to do that today!"

Me, too! Weekends are usually so busy, that it was actually nice to not have each day planned out in advance. Nice break for my budget, too. Okay, let me find something on TV until Hyacinth and Richard Bucket come on! After all, that's part of my Saturday groove!

No comments: