Sunday, June 2, 2024

vbs, day 1: i'm Angel 2!

See?
 
Christina said, "You make a beautiful angel."
I responded, "Thanks! I had help."
 
How very true!
Jan, the wardrobe mistress and stage manager for the "Bible Story Telling" this year, was a big help with that sparkly boa cum "halo".
 
She and Barbara Gooby, aka "Angel 1", also helped get that heavy cloak to cooperate with the wings.
 
Barbara, by the way, was the only one of us angels to actually have a halo.
Linda, aka "Angel 3", also had a boa "halo".
The photo doesn't show it, but hers lit up!
One of the benefits of arriving early is definitely getting first dibs on the props!
 
That's okay, I wanted to have dinner downstairs with all the "campers" at VBS Camp Firelight at Asbury Memorial Church.
Spaghetti was the entree, but I chose two of the side salads instead and a fabulous, seedy, roll.
 
And who is that dressed as a camp counselor?
That's Gail Thomas, narrator and organizer this year.
 
Danny Beam was there, too, as "Jacob", but he managed to elude the camera.
Funny guy!
I bet Amy Jenkins got him with hers!
She's one of the official photographers, as she was last year, and mostly captures the kids.
 
There are thirty-two this week, broken into three groups by grade, with the oldest ones destined for 4th grade in the fall.
All three groups saw our skit this year!
That was really nice!
 
This sign will be up every night:
"Whenever I'm afraid, I put my trust in You".
 
That's the Camp Call Out.
 
This is going to be fun!
I'm so glad I volunteered!!!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Line total: 14 *** 11 solo, 3 in chorus with A1 and A3

Fire Focus: Trust God to go with us!