Thursday, June 6, 2024

insights from the book of face

The most wonderful moment 
in a woman's life 
is when she realizes she can do 
whatever she wants, 
she doesn't owe anyone 
an explanation, 
and she doesn't need 
anyone's permission.
She's just living.
And it's beautiful.
@BOSSGURLCEO
 
That was on my first niece's page.
Very nice.
I totally relate to that.

Re-enchant your life 
by making the mundane exciting. 
You are not "going to CVS", 
you are visiting the apothecary 
to buy potions. 
You are not "running an errand", 
you are doing a side quest. 
You are not "feeding the birds", 
you are making an alliance 
with the crow queen.
@SketchesbyBoze
 
Quite imaginative for my niece, Hope!
Quite my speed, too.
I've seen fire, 
and I've seen rain. 
I've been through the desert 
on a horse with no name. 
 
I've gone to Kansas City, 
I sang in the sunshine. 
I've been on the road again, 
with Georgia on my mind. 
 
Like a rolling stone, 
I've given peace a chance. 
I've put a camel to bed 
and danced the last dance. 
 
Mr. Tambourine Man 
played a song for me. 
I've whispered words of wisdom, 
let it be. 
 
I've fallen into a burning ring of fire 
and walked the line. 
To all the girls I've loved before, 
you were always on my mind. 
 
I've been everywhere, 
I've been so lonesome I could cry.
I've driven my Chevy to the levee
when the levee was dry.
 
I've been to Itchy Coo Park in a yellow submarine.
I've made the scene in a time machine.
 
I've done the Hokey Pokey and turned myself around.
I've welcomed baby back to the poor side of town.
 
I've followed the tracks of my tears
down a long and winding road.
I've kept on searching
for a heart of gold.
 
I've sought shelter from the storm,
I've sat on the dock of the bay.
I've rocked around the clock
on a sunshiny day.
 
I've knocked on heaven's door, while blowing in the wind.
Joy to the world, those were the days, my friend.
 
Lay lady lay, in crimson and clover.
It's been a hard day's night, the party's over.
-  Audrey James Paris

Nice "reflections of a boomer"
from former sailor Bob Bueling.
So many songs from my youth
that I still love to sing!
(smile!)

No comments: