Monday, June 10, 2024

she really does 'get' me...


My first niece had texted to ask if I had plans this afternoon.
"I do now!" I had responded, adding "What are we doing?"
She had some errands to run first, but she was on her way.
Sweet!
Then time passed.
Like, two hours of time.
That meant lunch would be out... maybe.
Three hours later, she was at my door, but not empty-handed.
She had brought the birthday card and gift that she'd lost in a box during her move.
She said she still hasn't unearthed the Mother's Day gifts for me or her mom.
So, we talked for a while, then I opened the card and read it.
What lovely things it said about her love for me!
It made me feel a little guilty for being aggravated for waiting so long.
Then, I brought out the present from the purple bag...
and realized that she really, truly, knows me for who I am.
"In a world full of Princesses, Be A Scientist."
Wow.

I do so love Christina Ann.

2 comments:

faustina said...

I was reminded of this pandemic-era post.
Jim Gaffigan made me cry with his bit on "CBS Sunday Morning".
Go science, still.

https://hindsightvisionfromtheocean.blogspot.com/2020/04/jim-gaffigan-made-me-cry-this-morning.html

faustina said...

To paraphrase Jim Gaffigan, I would add: "Be a scientist. Please."

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2024/06/she-really-does-get-me.html