Friday, June 21, 2024

poland, china, and italy!

Those were the countries I visited for food and entertainment on this week!

The Polish man who runs CinemaSavannah brought us a Polish film tonight and was quite pleased to introduce it to us.

Barbara and I went, but none of the other amigas, to see "Kobieta na dachu", which literally means "Woman On The Roof".

What a hard time that 60-year-old had, caught between a promise to her sister and a secret from her husband that had her mired in debt.

Yes, E-TANG was a good place to revive our senses after that deluge of dourness.

Even better was this: mi amiga treated me to the dinner as my birthday gift!

Plus, the restaurant treated us to little plates and bowls so we could share the Hot Sour Soup, the Garlic Cucumbers, and the Snow Pea Greens as Chinese food is meant to be eaten - and we each took home food for a later meal!

We both agreed that I really do need to thank the bfe again for introducing me to this place.

(smile!

Speaking of him, we met up on Monday evening!

He had returned from his ashram experience and was excited to tell me all about it.

Learning the Sanskrit alphabet!

Chanting in different languages!

Sleeping under the stars in his tent!

Such wonderful tales of his vacation!

We were Bonefish-ing, naturally, and I tried a new dish: Pineapple Shrimp on coconut rice.

Rather tasty it was, too, like having dessert with my dinner... and I do so enjoy that, when dessert first is not an option!

(smile!)

Oh, and I had a luncheon on Monday, too!

Yvonne and I went to the Olive Garden 'cause they treat us like family and it's our go-to place for gathering.

Soup and salad, both dining on Pasta Fagiole for a change!

We had a nice and leisurely - three hours!!! - meal, there inside the cool of the restaurant.

Yes, summer didn't officially get here until today, but the humidity makes those upper-80's feel more like mid-90's.

Spotty little showers just add to that water in the air!

We even had one of those earlier, but I had finished the back yard, thankfully.

Oh, and that post reminded me that I'd mentioned going to Jalapenos today.

However, Mexican wasn't on my list as all I had time for were chips and salsa, as I knew Boo was coming for me and she's always early.

Still, I did get to visit with all the usual folks at the S&K Family Fiesta, except for Becca, as she was having a birthday dinner with her mom.

I had some visit time with John and Sherry, too, as the Schomburgs had popped down from the mountains to surprise all of us!

That was quite nice!!!

And when I told John I was going to a Polish film, he reminded me that his birth parents were Polish, and he was adopted.

Major coolness!

(smile!)

Okay, time for me to settle in and settle down.

I have a busy weekend planned!

(smile!)

No comments: