Wednesday, June 12, 2024

from kid flicks to coffee


My intent had been to attend two kid flicks at different locales today.
The NCG Cinema began their Summer Camp Film Festival (SCFF) on Saturday, with the best deal around: movies for $2 (all ages) and popcorn combos for $5.
 

The Tybee Post Theatre started their Summer of Sea Adventures Film Festival (SOSAFF) a full week ago, so I'll have to see about catching the 1996 version of "Flipper" somewhere.
They have the highest cost, with $10 tickets for adults and $5 for kids.
No popcorn specials have been listed yet.
Even so, my intent had been to go to NCG, then to Tybee.
However, a phone call to set up my annual mammogram threw off my timing.
 
Peacock to the rescue!
I was able to watch the 14-year-old "Despicable Me" for free, right here at home, and I even did so close to the 10:30 AM screening time at NCG.
That let me capture Gru using his Freeze Ray to get to the front of the coffee line!
Oh, yes, Dr. Horrible would have been so thrilled to see that action!!!
(smile!)

The next "scheduled" kid flick time was 3 PM.
Didn't I remember that Papa John's had a $9.99 Cheeseburger Pizza special?
I did, I did remember that very thing!
I ordered two of those, not realizing they were large - yeah, pizza for breakfast!
That saved me $9 per pie,  plus I picked up my birthday reward from them: a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza, that would have cost $7.
By the time I threw in the $5 gift certificate (exchanged for points on AARP), the two large pizzas and dessert ran less than $17.
Woohoo!!!

Then it was time for the SOSAFF movie, "Shark Tale", also free on Peacock - hooray!
To my amazement, I had missed this 2004 film when it first aired.
How fun that Oscar, the colorful fish draped over a rock, worked at a whale wash.
He was on the run when some human dropped an anchor on Frankie, whose brother, the vegetarian shark Lenny, hoisted off the weight, but to no avail.
Oscar was only to glad to let the other sea denizens believe he was a shark killer!!!
That didn't last long, but it sure was fun while he got away with it.
Cute movie, great soundtrack!!!
(smile!)

Now, what to do with the rest of the day besides eat pizza?
How about spend that $5 gift certificate for Kroger?
That was another "freebie" from AARP that I received for watching informational videos.
As good fortune would have it, they had a buy-one-get-one sale on decaf coffee, so those two packages only cost me a dollar each.
For decaf!!!
What a deal!
Such a nice Wednesday this has been!
(smile!)

2 comments:

faustina said...

My order details-
-----------
Order Detail:

1 One Chocolate Chip Cookie at regular menu price
$0.00

2 Cheesy Burger Pizza (P6 National Offer)
$18.99

1 14 Inch Thin Cheesy Burger Pizza
Beef, Roma Tomatoes, Pickles
Sauce: Burger Sauce
Instructions: Light Cheese

Total before discounts
$32.99

Offer Birthday Discount
-$7.00

Specials
-$-0.99

Total Discounts
-$13.01

Subtotal
$19.98

Tax
$1.40

Total
$21.38

Restaurant:

Papa John’s Store #1182
7401 SKIDAWAY RD
---------------
Pretty dang sweet!!!

faustina said...

I forgot to mention Agnes' unicorn!
(smile!)

When did I have it"
https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2017/09/come-little-bit-closer-you-could-be-mine.html

Who has it now?
https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2019/01/im-her-favorite-aunt.html

Such nice memories of "Despicable Me"!!!
Even of Steve Carell as Gru!
https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2019/01/nicol-not-nicoll-not-nicole.html