Friday, June 14, 2024

not tv, just a dryer

I was in need of distraction.

Specifically, I needed something positive to get my mind into a brighter space.

Remember that I was talking about the upcoming game at Grayson Stadium, and how excited I was to be going with my brothers and their wives?

I'd even sent them the link for the Bananas at Fenway Park, so they could watch 'with' me and get ready for some Banana Ball.

Well, Smitty told me today that neither he nor Mary will be going to the game.

Their kids have a special Father's Day thing for them at 4 PM this Saturday.

For real???

And now Tony has called and told me they won't be going, either, as it will be too hot.

No, I'm not kidding.

So, I've let Christina know that she and her little blondes can have the tickets.

She wants me to come, too, but I don't think that is the best option.

It'll be easier to get rid of a pair of tickets rather than one solo.

I told Smitty and Tony that I was getting rid of that Bananas membership, but I guess I'll hold onto it for one more year, so I can let Michael and the twins see the team play.

What an aggravation... but, it is what it is.

At least I've finally gotten all the winter bedding washed and dried so I can put it away.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

1 comment:

faustina said...

I asked around at the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta to see if anyone else wanted the Bananas tickets.
Nope!
Incredible.
But one good thing: Tony bought my dinner that night.
Silver lining!
(smile!)