Tuesday, June 11, 2024

will, martin, chris, and ryan


Yes, it's time once again for an A*List roundup on a Tina Tuesday, and who better to share the dance floor with than a quartet of lovely men!
Yes, even though one of them looked like a cat.
At least he still had his voice going for him!
(smile!)
Yes, I'm talking about the Star Lord, aka Chris Pratt, relegated to being incognito to portray that animated orange-striped, lasagna-loving tabby tom cat, Garfield.
If not for him, I probably would have skipped "The Garfield Movie".
How bad was it?
Well, let me say this: the first part was so dark and creepy that the family got up and left.
Seriously.
The whole thing felt rather pieced together from other scripts.
I stuck with it, though, and really enjoyed the cat videos during the credits.
"Bad Boys: Ride Or Die" was excellent, though it was a a bit dark, too.
'Marcus' (59-year-old Martin Lawrence) suffers a heart attack because his widow maker was blocked from high cholesterol, and 'Mike' (55-year-old Will Smith) starts having panic attacks that interfere with his police work.
Pretty serious stuff for a buddy flick, right?
However, this is the 4th film in the 31-year-old franchise... 
so a nod to aging is a good thing.
Bear in mind that if they were real cops, they'd be retired by now!
Barbara and I very much enjoyed the Big D experience and look forward to a second viewing in the near future!
Mi amiga was with me for a second viewing of "The Fall Guy" today, too.
As I watched Ryan Gosling as the stuntman tasked with finding the missing "star" of the epic scifi flick under construction, I realized how much I like watching him, and how very many movies I've seen with him.
Nice, right?
He'll be 44 in November
That means he's near my first niece in age.
So is Chris Pratt, actually.
His 45th birthday will be on the 21st of this month.
Good!
I'll have to be sure to celebrate their special days this year!
(smile!)

No comments: